When you’re making a big decision
(and always remember……..NOT MAKING A DECISION IS STILL A DECISION)
Or wondering where to go next in your life
A Think first about your values.
What really matters to you?
Love? Friendship? Money? Being reliable? Lifelong learning? Community? Family? Independence? Work? Security? Freedom? Creativity? Meaning? Idleness? Play?
Or other values I haven’t mentioned?
- Cut a piece of plain A4 paper or card into 8 pieces
- Pick 8 of your favourite values and write each separately on a different piece of card
- Study them – what do they mean to you?
- Put them in order of which are most important to you
- This exercise tells you what’s most important in your life
C Back to your big decision…………where does it fit? How does it fit with your values and what you care most about? How does this inform your decision?